"My dog ate my ice pack, is he going to die?"
NO. If your dog consumed the gel from the ice pack, he/she may only have a bit of diarrhea for a day or so. Our gel packs are made of 98% water and 2% Carboxy Methol Cellulose. Carboxy Methol Cellulose is a food thickener often used in food products such as ice cream, toothpaste, laxatives and is nontoxic and non-allergenic.
If your dog has completely consumed the poly bag, then you may want to contact your local vet to make sure the plastic isn't lodged in their intestinal tract.